McIntosh Perry offers a full range of Hydrogeological/Groundwater services to support virtually any scale of urban or rural project. With six Professional Geoscientists on staff as well as a Well Contractor Licence under Ontario’s Wells Regulation (O. Reg. 903), our hydrogeology team has the experience needed to complete hydrogeological studies and provide advice for our private and public sector clients alike.
Using a variety of both desktop and in situ hydrogeological methods, McIntosh Perry has decades of experience in supporting both urban and rural developments, municipal infrastructure projects, residential subdivisions, waste disposal site monitoring, and mining applications with a portfolio extending across Canada. We have worked extensively with municipalities, provincial governments, individual private land/homeowners, developers, and contractors for projects of all sizes.
Our team has a very strong understanding of relevant legislative requirements stemming from all levels of government in Ontario, ranging from the sometimes rapidly changing Site Plan Approval requirements of the City of Toronto or Ottawa to larger-scale changes at the provincial level. In fact, many of our staff have consulted on these changes! With this experience comes a proficiency in obtaining regulatory instruments for our clients, including Environmental Activity & Sector Registry (EASR) Postings, Permits–to–Take–Water (PTTW) and securing Permit-to-Discharge-Water (PTDW) agreements with various municipalities.
Our services include:
- Construction and Permanent Dewatering Assessments & Control Requirements
- Foundation Drainage Assessments
- Environmental Activity & Sector Registry (EASR)/Permit to Take Water (PTTW) Applications
- Permit-To-Discharge-Water (PTDW) Agreements with City of Toronto and other Municipalities
- Hydrogeological Studies for Aggregate Resources Management (for both MNRF and Non-Regulated Areas of the Province)
- Groundwater Studies/Monitoring for Waste Disposal Sites
- Feature-Specific Water Balance Studies and Infiltration/Percolation Rate Assessments in Support of Low Impact Development (LID), Storm Water Management (SWM), and Best Management Practices (BMP)
- Groundwater/Surface Water Interaction Studies
- Groundwater Resource Assessments (Pumping Tests and Aquifer Yield Studies) in Support of Rural Developments
- Well Grouting Inspections
- Nitrate Loading Studies and Septic Designs
- Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring
- Source Water Impact Assessment and Mitigation Plans (SWIAMPS)
- Hydrogeological/Hydrological Environmental Management Plans (EMP)
- Liaison and Consultation Support with Various Regulatory Authorities
- Peer Review Services
- Expert Witness/Testimony
Our talented team works with other groups within McIntosh Perry to deliver results efficiently on a wide range of projects (e.g. infrastructure, land development, site plan approvals, water supply etc.).
When you need Hydrogeological or Groundwater Studies, McIntosh Perry has the knowledge, the tools, and the team to deliver them.
Ask for a free quote today – call toll free 1-888-348-8991.