McIntosh Perry’s depth of knowledge and decades of experience enable us to expertly design and rehabilitate any transportation infrastructure asset. Public and private clients throughout North America trust us to deliver innovative solutions that address the unique construction challenges bridges, culverts, and other transportation structure projects pose.
These complex initiatives require the involvement of multiple parties with whom we have developed close working relationships. This allows us to move projects forward with the support of local governments and municipalities, transportation authorities, conservation agencies, telecom and power companies, railways, Indigenous Communities, suppliers, contractors and more.
Guided by a philosophy of sustainability that is built into our engineering service offerings, we make highly informed decisions that help clients reach their goals while considering critical social, environmental, and economic impacts. We’re also keenly aware that effective communication is integral to achieving project success.
Thus, we work diligently to be a supremely responsive partner that is easy to work with and openly shares information. As a result, we have formed long-lasting relationships with clients such as the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO), the City of Ottawa, the City of Toronto, and Alberta Transportation.
Our structural engineers, transportation planners, contract and construction administrators, and other personnel maintain top-tier certifications and belong to many professional organizations, including the Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) and the Canadian Society of Civil Engineering (CSCE). We are honoured to have won numerous awards for excellence in engineering at events like the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies (ACEC)-Ontario Engineering Project Awards and to consistently present our work at global conferences such as the International Conference on Short and Medium Span Bridges.
Bridge & Infrastructure Engineering Services
As a leading provider of civil engineering services, McIntosh Perry has the tools, techniques technical expertise necessary to meet the objectives of any bridge, highway, or rail project.
Bridges & Structural Culverts
- Bridge Rehabilitation & Replacement
- Culvert Rehabilitation & Replacement
- Underground Structures & Tunnels
- Railway & Pedestrian Structures
- Prefabricated, Modular & Temporary Structures
- Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC)
Other Transportation Infrastructure
- Retaining Walls
- High-Mast Illumination
- Noise Attenuation Walls
- Cantilever & Gantry signs
- Overhead & Breakaway Sign Supports
- Signature Aesthetics
- Bridge Moves
- Floating & Specialty Bridges
- Wildlife Crossings
Expertise at Every Stage
McIntosh Perry delivers extraordinary value during each stage of a transportation infrastructure asset’s lifecycle no matter the type, size or complexity of the project (design-build, design-bid-build, rehabilitation, replacement, or other). A dedicated relationship manager is assigned to coordinate each assignment and serve as the single point of contact.
Inspection & Evaluation
- Inventory collection
- Biennial, underwater, and condition surveys
- Structural, seismic, fatigue, hydraulic, load and deterioration evaluations
- Reports and permits
- Design-Build Projects
- Design-Bid-Build Projects
- Timber Inspection
Planning & Preliminary Design
- Development and evaluation of design and alternatives
- Concept selection
- Environmental Assessment process (including public consultation phases)
- Feasibility and financial analysis
- Cost estimations
- Project scope definition
- Construction design and drawings
- Tender and contract documentation
- Quality Assurance
- Contract administration
- Resource management
- Construction liaison and supervision
- Inspection services
- Progress reports
- As-built drawings
- Post-Construction maintenance
Consulting & Advisory Services
- Insurance Claims
Our Transportation Structures team has built a reputation for being leaders in the field. In addition to providing our expertise to our clients, we’ve also presented at conferences on transportation structure issues. Below are some of our technical papers.
With in-house capabilities that span the entirety of each multi-faceted project, we actively leverage proficiencies across teams which, in turn, allows us to reduce risk and meet (and often exceed) financial and sustainability objectives. Our expertise includes:
- Project Management
- Building Science
- Building Quality Assurance
- Restoration and Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Hazardous Materials
- Temporary Structures
- Municipal Engineering
- Transportation and Traffic Engineering
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Contract Administration
Leading-Edge Technology, Materials & Methods
From retaining walls to high-profile transportation projects, we employ the most advanced construction methods, materials and technology. The use of new high-performance products and components, in addition to the latest 3D design tools and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software, drives innovation at McIntosh Perry and ultimately ensures long-term performance, resilience and durability of infrastructure assets.
This commitment to excellence extends to the investment we make in our team. As new techniques and technologies evolve, we offer professional development, certification, mentorship and career advancement opportunities to our transportation structures team and engineers-in-training (EITs).
- Rehabilitation of Pottery Road Vehicular Bridge Structures Over Don River
- Reed Narrows Bridge
- Highway 401, Rehabilitation of Four Bridges and Three Culverts
- Highway 400, Replacement of Dunlop Street Underpass, Anne Street Underpass, and Sunnidale Road Underpass
- Big Bay Point Road Painswick Bridge Rehabilitation
- Highway 21 Bayfield River Bridge
- Highway 4 Bayfield River Bridge
- Highway 404 Rehabilitation of the John Street CNR Overpass
Ask for a free proposal today. Call toll free 1-888-348-8991.