Based in Calgary, the Materials & Corrosion Group represents over 60 years of corrosion engineering in the oil and gas industry, with diverse experience in upstream, downstream, oil refineries, heavy oil/bitumen upgraders, SAGD plants, natural gas plants, oil and gas production facilities, pipelines, water treatment & boilers, hydropower plants, etc.
Our team of highly trained and experienced engineers, specialists, and inspectors create cost-effective programs and innovative solutions for our clients’ corrosion prevention and mitigation needs.
We provide a full range of consulting engineering and technical solutions, along with our associate company Cormetrics, providing laboratory testing to petroleum producing and transmission companies. Together we provide expertise for our clients throughout the Full Life Cycle of a project.
We save our Client’s money by preventing aggressive corrosion, early component failures, and unscheduled facility shutdowns, capitalizing on engineering excellence and strong communication skills. All of our staff have had extensive EPC/EPCM experience, working in unison with McIntosh Perry’s project team, providing efficient project management and engineering of key tasks and milestones.
Materials & Corrosion Engineering Services
- Corrosion Management/Corrosion Study Programs
- Corrosion Manuals and Damage Mechanisms
- Materials and Coating/Painting Selection (Materials Selection Diagrams and Report)
- Corrosion Monitoring & Integrity Operating Windows (IOW’s)
- EPC/EPCM Materials & Corrosion Engineering
- Asset Integrity Management Programs
- Cathodic Protection Design
- Welding Engineering
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- Evaluation of Chemical Injection (corrosion inhibition, cooling water treatment, and boiler chemical)