Structural Bridge Technician
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
McIntosh Perry has rapidly become one of the leading design firms for transportation structure design, rehabilitation, and replacement. We draw on the award-winning expertise of our structural engineers and field staff to design inventive bridge solutions, ensuring client communication and understanding while delivering the project on time and on budget. The depth and dedication of our professional staff enables McIntosh Perry to offer our clients bridge services from concept to beyond construction. We have clients ranging from public authorities, to municipalities and government agencies. Our bridge engineering projects carry a reputation of quality and cost-effectiveness.
MP is a growing firm with many opportunities for career progression. We are one of the top 7 providers to MTO and the City of Ottawa.
Members of our Bridge Team, Bala Tharmabala, Ph. D, P.Eng and Quazi Islam, P.Eng received a Canadian Society for Civil Engineering Excellence in Innovation in Civil Engineering award for their contributions to the evolution of prefabrication and accelerated bridge construction over the past decade. As such, they played a pivotal part in the development and implementation of the prefabricated bridge technology currently used by the Ministry to accelerate bridge construction in the province.
As a member of our Bridge Group, this position involves field inspections, performing highly technical structural design drafting, including mathematical and geometric computations, and related services in the preparation of contract drawings, contract documents, and specifications for the design and rehabilitation of bridges and structural culverts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in bridge and structural culvert field inspections as per the Ontario Structural Inspection Manual;
- Utilizing AutoCAD to prepare structure drawings including drawing all plans, elevations, cross-sections and other details in accordance with Ministry standards and specifications;
- Solving routine geometric problems involved in linear and angular dimensions, grades, elevations and alignments for bridge geometrics;
- Developing arrangement of size and shape of structural components to provide good appearance;
- Preparing drawings with clarity, simplicity, arithmetic, geometric accuracy and construction feasibility; and computing quantities of materials, determining unit prices, and developing cost estimates;
- Developing structural rehabilitation quantity estimates, working day schedules, and cost estimates;
- Preparing tender documents for bridge and structural culvert projects; and
- Preparing structural reports.
- Completion of a college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Theoretical knowledge of Civil Engineering technology and structural concepts;
- Highly developed AutoCAD and Civil 3D knowledge;
- Knowledge of structural engineering procedures, standards, specifications and practices (Ontario Structural Manual);
- Knowledge of bridge construction practices;
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks; and
- Confined Spaces Training and Fall-Arrest Training would be considered an asset.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Structural Bridge Technician in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.