Senior Transportation/Traffic Engineer & Practice Area Lead
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are currently seeking a Senior Transportation/Traffic Engineering to join our Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Team, located at our new Markham office. Reporting to the Division Manager, Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering, the successful candidate will lead the Transportation/Traffic Engineer Team in the Markham office. The candidate will also work on numerous projects for respected municipal clients and development related work. This position is responsible for working on a wide range of transportation planning, traffic engineering and multi-disciplinary assignments for both private and public sector clients including traffic operation studies, transportation master plans, environmental assessments (EA), active transportation, parking studies, transportation demand management (TDM), and microsimulation and design assessments. As a member of our Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading, coordinating, and prioritizing traffic engineering work for McIntosh Perry in GTA;
- Provide mentorship, guidance, quality control, support and oversight of junior and intermediate staff to complete various traffic engineering tasks;
- Support the business plan for transportation planning and traffic engineering;
- Working with the Division Manager (Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering) to execute strategic growth and business initiatives within the GTA. As part of the growth strategy, and in consultation with the Division Manager, you will research, liaise with clients, network within the industry, assist with staff retention, and identify essential recruitment hires;
- Work with the Division Manager on resourcing and people management issues;
- Work with the Division Manager to achieve financial goals and support financial reporting;
- Acting as Project Manager and providing overall work management and technical performance on projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Liaising with clients, government and regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Preparing cost estimates and proposals for a variety of clients and sectors;
- Assist multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of projects;
- Providing overall work progress and technical performance on transportation engineering projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Completing traffic modelling and analysis with applicable design software (Synchro, VISSIM, etc.);
- Preparing traffic operations studies, traffic management plans, other reports and presentations as needed; and
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals, consultants, and other business leaders.
- A university degree in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- 15+ years of relevant experience in transportation planning and/or traffic engineering services in the consulting or public sectors;
- Project coordination and management experience;
- Demonstrated interest in business development activities and preparation of proposals;
- Proven ability to supervise, direct and mentor junior staff;
- Good communication and leadership abilities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Proficient using Synchro/Simtraffic;
- Experience using other transportation software and methods (e.g. HCS, CCG, VISSIM, EMME, Aimsun, Vistro);
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Senior Transportation/Traffic Engineer & Practice Area Lead in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.