Senior Structural Engineer
McIntosh Perry Limited is a multi-disciplinary engineering & related professional services firm and we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. Our team’s expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects. Our team puts their creative & innovative thinking and business skills into high gear while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated colleagues to meet our client’s needs. We value diversity in our areas of disciplines and our people, making McIntosh Perry a great place to work and grow.
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
Always put the cap on the toothpaste – Personal responsibility
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
Are you a person who stares at buildings and marvels not at the exterior but rather you wonder what the structure looks like under all that steel, glass and brick? You’re also the person who actually understands words like “shear, bending, cross-sections and seismic loads”, right? Of course, you are. You’ve been doing this for 8-10+ years now and you know you like it.
To better showcase our work, here are just some of the things our team has built:
Amazon Robotic Storage Warehouse (Mississauga); Eagles Nest Golf Course & Clubhouse; Walmart Freezer Building (Calgary); Chateau le Parc Banquet Facilities (Vaughan); Children’s Aid Society Community Centre & Offices (Mississauga); Bayview Village Mall; Crushing Plant, St. Lawrence, Newfoundland; Supply Chain Management Warehouses (Cornwall); Amcor Plant Relocation (Mississauga).
And some things you might work on:
Residential Developments – Low & Mid Rise; Car Dealerships; Industrial Buildings & Equipment Support Structures – mining, aggregates, oil; Places of Worship; Warehouses; Community Centres; Banquet Facilities; Mall & Retail Buildings; Offices – Mid-rise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Can you lead project teams on various building related projects; Liaise with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors?
- Have you played an active role in business development activities and marketing by establishing and maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders? What was your success? Can you convince them that you and your new team have the skills to tackle their new project?
- Have you provided strategic input into the preparation of proposals?
- Have you lead the engineering design and manage the project team, schedule and budget including supervising professional and technical staff?
- Have you overseen the work of engineering interns and technologists and spent time providing guidance and mentorship to junior staff?
- Can you design and stamp medium to complex designs; prepare specification and drawings for building permit and tender; prepare technical specifications and report?
- Have you managed client relationships throughout the project terms, including providing technical advisory support as well as overseeing and providing construction review services?
- Do you have a post-secondary university education in a related field (civil/structural engineering preferred) or a Master’s degree?
- Do you have approximately 10 years of design experience on structural engineering projects in Ontario, including 5 years of project management experience?
- Are you a Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario and in good standing?
- Are you familiar with all applicable building codes and design standards?
- Do you have a professional client network or have the capacity to develop one?
- Can you demonstrate excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues?
- Do you have excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization?
- Can you work independently and as part of a team?
- Are you proficient in MS Office Suite, MS Project, AutoCAD, Project Management software, structural design software: are you familiar with Computer Aided Drafting software?
- Do you possess a valid G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid insurance and registration to travel within/outside of GTA? Occasional travel to Ottawa, Kingston, potentially Vancouver and Calgary.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: “Senior Structural Engineer” in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Limited
6240 Highway 7 Suite 200
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.