Senior Project Manager
Are you a person who stares at building and marvels not at the exterior but rather you wonder what the structure looks like under all that steel, glass and brick? You’re also the person who actually understands words like “shear, bending, cross-sections and seismic loads”, right? Of course you are. You’ve been doing this for 10+ years now and you know you like it.
You’re experienced enough to know that liking what you do is important but liking who you work with and work for is equally important.
So, who are we? Well, McIntosh Perry Limited is a multi-disciplinary engineering & related professional services firm and we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality project, and exceptional service. Our team’s expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects. Our team puts their creative & innovative thinking and business skills into high gear while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated colleagues to meet our client’s needs. We value diversity in our areas of disciplines and our people, making McIntosh Perry a great place to work and grow.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
Always put the cap on the toothpaste – Personal responsibility
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
To better showcase our work, here are just some of the things our team has built:
Amazon Robotic Storage Warehouse (Mississauga); Eagles Nest Golf Course & Clubhouse; Walmart Freezer Building (Calgary); Chateau le Parc Banquet Facilities (Vaughan); Children’s Aid Society Community Centre & Offices (Mississauga); Bayview Village Mall; Crushing Plant, St. Lawrence, Newfoundland; Supply Chain Management Warehouses (Cornwall); Amcor Plant Relocation (Mississauga).
And some things you might work on:
Residential Developments – Low to High Rise; Car Dealerships; Industrial Buildings & Equipment Support Structures – mining, aggregates, oil; Places of Worship; Warehouses; Community Centres; Banquet Facilities; Mall & Retail Buildings; Offices – Mid-rise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and engage with the project team. Lead the team to meet project timelines and technical requirements to the satisfaction of the client;
- Understand and effectively utilize knowledge, methods and skills to produce quality deliverables;
- Effectively manage one’s time and resources (delegating) to ensure that work is completed efficiently;
- Take initiative – proactive interest beyond assigned tasks;
- Identify risk and seek appropriate input to manage it;
- Accept responsibility for assigned tasks – take ownership;
- Integrate knowledge – lessons learned/practice/ sharing/current trends in area of expertise;
- Support and/or prepare effective fee proposals with competitive and detailed costing schedules with a high rate of success;
- Effectively negotiate contracts terms and conditions;
- Help to develop and follow the company design standards, processes and procedures;
- Comply with and uphold health and safety standards, practices, and procedures;and
- Operate within ethical guidelines prescribed by professional engineering associations.
- Maintain project profitability and minimize non-billable time;
- Keep projects within prescribed budgets;
- Follow project plan and provide regular updates to team manager; and
- Review invoices and collect promptly (AR).
- Communicate openly. Build trust and treat clients and colleagues fairly and ethically;
- Strengthen and enhance success and harmony of the team;
- Oversee the work of engineering interns and technologists. Spend time providing guidance and mentorship to junior coworkers; and
- Willingness to help others and collaborate with the team.
- Help Identify targets and meet new potential clients in support of team business development;
- Help identify opportunities for collaboration and cross selling between business units and local offices;
- Actively market the services of the company to current and potential clients; and
- Build and maintain McIntosh Perry’s reputation both internally and externally.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in a related field (civil/structural engineering preferred) or a Master’s degree;
- Over 10 years of Canadian experience with various buildings’ design and management, focusing on steel structures (but no limited to);
- Familiar with all applicable building code and design standards;
- A licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario with good standing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills;
- Possess a valid G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid insurance and registration to travel within/outside of the GTA (potential destinations include Ottawa, Kingston, Vancouver and Calgary); and
- Proficient in structural design software and MS Office, and familiarity with Computer Aided Drafting software.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: “Senior Project Manager” in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Limited
6240 Highway 7 Suite 200
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.