Senior Project Manager, Highway Engineering & Practice Area Lead
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager/Highway Engineer to join our Highway Engineering Team, located at our Oakville office. Reporting to the Division Manager, Highway Engineering, the successful candidate will lead the Highway Engineering Team in the Oakville office. The candidate will also work on projects for MTO and respected municipal clients. This position is responsible for managing and working on a wide range of transportation/highway engineering projects including preliminary and detail design for freeways, interchanges, roundabouts, urban and rural arterials, and supports bridge/culvert replacement and rehabilitation projects. As a member of our Highway Engineering Team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance and oversight in the preparation of proposals, developing work plans, schedules, budgets, fees and negotiations;
- Providing overall work progress and technical performance on highway engineering projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Working with the Division Manager to execute strategic growth and business initiatives. As part of the growth strategy, and in consultation with the Division Manager, you will research, liaise with clients, network within the industry, assist with staff retention, and identify essential recruitment hires;
- Identifying new markets and clients, developing business plans and strategies in alignment with overall company strategic initiatives;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders;
- Providing mentorship, technical guidance, support, and oversight to intermediate and junior engineers and technical staff;
- Acting as a project manager for preliminary and detail design transportation projects for MTO and municipalities;
- Preparing preliminary and detailed designs for ranging from freeways, urban and rural multi-lane and two-lane facilities, interchanges, and intersections;
- Overseeing the preparation of technical reports, design drawings, and contract documents;
- Ensuring that corporate and client QA/QC practices are completed on all projects, and
- Coordinating with clients, approval agencies, utility companies, contractors, etc.
- A university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- 15+ years of progressive related experience in highway design, including MTO highway design
• Has developed an excellent reputation working with MTO and local municipalities;
- Experienced with project management and has worked in, or has an understanding of the consulting engineering environment;
- Thorough knowledge in Highway/Transportation Engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in preliminary and detail design work with proven design capabilities;
- Ability to be approved in the MTO RAQS system for various specialties within the Detail and Preliminary Design categories;
- Demonstrated aptitude for, and interest in, business development;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Senior Project Manager, Highway Engineering & Practice Area Lead in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.