Senior Project Manager, Building Quality Assurance
You’re experienced enough to know that liking what you do is important but liking who you work with and work for is equally important. You didn’t go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one?
So, who are we? Well, McIntosh Perry Limited is a multi-disciplinary engineering & related professional services firm and we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. Our team’s expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects. Our team puts their creative & innovative thinking and business skills into high gear while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated colleagues to meet our client’s needs. We value diversity in our areas of disciplines and our people, making McIntosh Perry a great place to work and grow. We are looking at enhancing our Building Quality Assurance team by adding a Senior Project Manager. If your experience and qualifications align to our needs, we would love to hear from you.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then the Senior Project Manager opportunity in our Woodbridge Office could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of our Building Services Group, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Help identify targets and meet new potential clients in support of our sales efforts.
- Respond to client requests for proposals, including drafting of proposals.
- Provide input, as required, on all aspects of the work in terms of an overall efficiency, creativity and technical knowledge
- Perform on-site investigation of building cladding systems, roofs, underground parking garages and other structures to evaluate issues and develop reports for Builders, landlords and other stakeholders
- Assist builders and developers in addressing new construction deficiencies, or responding to claims of deficiencies
- Draft reports and communicate the results of reviews to the client, including meetings with clients as needed.
- Review reports and provide guidance to the group to assist in continuous improvement of our work
- Perform other duties as required
- In depth knowledge of Construction Systems and assemblies;
- Comprehensive knowledge of building envelope systems;
- Experience in building envelope, including roofing and waterproofing;
- Experience with field or lab testing of window and railing systems would be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge if high-rise residential construction and the Tarion warranty program;
- Completion of post-secondary education (college or university) in a related field (civil/structural engineering, building or architectural science, Mechanical engineering or an applied science);
- Over 10 years of Canadian experience in residential/commercial/industrial construction and building assessments;
- P. Eng. designation or working towards it would be considered an asset;
- Health & Safety training requirements in construction projects would be considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal & written Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
Have we peeked your interest?
What are we all about?
Our Core Values validate everything we have believed in since our company started. Have a look at the whole story on our Core Values page, not just the headlines. Our Core values are who we are.
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Pass, Shoot, Score – Becoming excellent together
Always put the cap on the toothpaste – Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. If you believe your experience is aligned to what we are looking for, applying to this posting should be easy. McIntosh Perry promotes collaboration and an exchange of ideas to find that perfect solution to a challenging and complex project. Diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: “NAME OF JOB POSITION” in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Limited
6240 Highway 7 Suite 200
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.