Project Manager, Municipal Engineering
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team in either our Oakville or Vaughan office. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Municipal Engineering, you will be responsible to provide project management in all aspects of municipal projects from proposal stage through completion. These types of projects typically are linear infrastructure including sanitary and storm sewer design and upgrades, water main and distribution system designs, design for the relining and rehabilitation of underground works as well as directional drilling of new infrastructure systems. Projects can also include integrated projects including subsurface works combined with the surface work, curb and gutter upgrades, intersection treatments/upgrades. Typical projects also may include the retro fitting of Multi User Paths into existing municipal infrastructure and development of new sidewalk systems into existing streetscapes.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing high level guidance and oversight in the preparation of proposals, developing work plans, schedules, budgets, fees and negotiations;
- Providing overall work progress and technical performance on municipal engineering projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Identifying new markets and clients, developing business plans and strategies in alignment with overall company strategic initiatives;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders;
- Providing mentorship and guidance to intermediate and junior engineers and technical staff;
- Designing and stamping medium to complex designs;
- Providing leadership in technical, financial and administrative aspects of the consulting business;
- Overseeing the preparation of tender and contract documents; and
- Coordinating with clients, approval agencies, utility companies, contractors, etc.
Well-suited candidates for the position already have a reputation for strong leadership, communications skills and natural business acumen. These abilities are complemented by a technical background that enables this individual to be immediately credible with customers, partners and staff. Additional qualifications include:
- A university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- 15+ years of progressive related experience within a professional services environment;
- Project management experience;
- Demonstrated ability for, and interest in, business development;
- Experience in working with local municipalities in the Greater Toronto Area is required;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge in Municipal Engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in preliminary and detail design work with proven solid design capabilities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Project Manager, Municipal Engineering in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.