Project Coordinator, Restoration
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
Always put the cap on the toothpaste – Personal responsibility
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking at enhancing our Restoration Team by adding a Project Coordinator in our Coquitlam, BC office. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing proactive document control and project coordination/administrative support to various restoration projects. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Senior Project Manager (SPM) in the execution of assigned projects;
- Assisting the Project Manager (PM) in performing on-site investigations of building cladding systems, roofs, underground parking garages, and other structures;
- Assisting the PM in analyzing on-site findings and other project information to draft report for SPM;
- Assisting the PM in drafting, proof reading and correction of final reports, proposals, tender documents, plans, drawings, specifications and letters of recommendation;
- Assisting the PM in monitoring and evaluating construction project progress against project schedule and contract documents including the impact of changes or delays;
- Managing the project calendar, arranging meetings, and answering non-critical correspondence pertaining to the assigned projects;
- Ensuring project deliverables such as design documents, drawings, plans, etc. are completed, recorded, filed and distributed to all relevant parties on time; and
- Reviewing and updating project schedules and preparing look-ahead schedules to confirm projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Post-secondary education/college diploma in a related field (civil engineering, architectural science preferred);
- Working towards a professional designation or eligible to for designation preferred;
- 1 yr. of demonstrated project management experience in investigation and repairs of building envelope and parking garage structures;
- Experience in construction estimates and scheduling for building restoration projects would be a strong asset;
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues with Senior Project Manager, contractors, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with valid registration and insurance; and
- Ability to work flexible schedules and travel to site locations within the area.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: “Project Coordinator, Restoration” in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Limited
6240 Highway 7 Suite 200
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.