Ontario Land Surveyor
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our growing Survey Group is looking for an Ontario Land Surveyor to join the team in either our Perth or Ottawa, ON office. This person will be a technical lead in the Surveying Division. While technical experience is the primary objective of this position, it must be coupled with a drive to develop business, mentor staff and expand our services. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage/conduct all types of legal (boundary, subdivision, condominium), engineering and construction surveys;
- Providing leadership, and mentoring to the Surveying Team;
- Ensuring proper project planning is in place for the scheduling, staffing and resourcing of teams in order to ensure the effective execution of projects;
- Oversight in the preparation of proposals, development of work plans, schedules, budgets, fees and negotiations;
- Monitoring progress on all projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Monitoring industry standards and developments, assessing client needs and making concrete decisions on proposed solutions;
- Preparing and providing senior review and direction on technical reports;
- Managing multidisciplinary project teams and providing mentorship and guidance to junior staff; and
- Participating in the strategic development and pursuit of clients and projects and providing visible leadership with potential clients and existing clients.
Well-suited candidates for the position already have a reputation for technical excellence, leadership and communications skills. These technical abilities should enable this to be immediately credible with customers, partners and staff. Additional qualifications include:
- Post secondary level Engineering Degree with a Geomatics (Survey) option or other equivalent relevant education;
- Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor; (Canadian Land Surveyor would be an asset);
- Knowledge of survey practices, standards and laws;
- Competency in and understanding of the use of current survey and field instruments (total station, GPS, laser scanners, LiDAR);
- Proficient in the use of office, data, surveying and engineering-based software;
- Understanding of and experience with survey adjustments and data analysis;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven track record of profitable business management and growth;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to provide leadership to a variety of technical professionals; and
Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: ONTARIO LAND SURVEYOR in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.