Mechanical Technologist/Designer, Building HVAC/R
McIntosh Perry Limited is a multi-disciplinary engineering & related professional services firm and we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. Our team’s expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects. Our team puts their creative & innovative thinking and business skills into high gear while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated colleagues to meet our client’s needs. We value diversity in our areas of disciplines and our people, making McIntosh Perry a great place to work and grow.
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
Always put the cap on the toothpaste – Personal responsibility
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working, and dedicated team of professionals – and have fun while doing it – then the Mechanical Technologist/Designer opportunity in our Vaughan Office could be the right opportunity for you and we would like to hear from you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of the Building Services Group, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Reviewing and understanding drawings, calculations and other relevant documentation;
- Performing drafting assignments of various complexity (plans, sections, elevations, details) utilizing AutoCAD;
- Assisting in concept design and creating detailed designs for projects of a range of scale;
- Graphical translation of verbal and written instructions into working drawings as required;
- Performing heat gain-heat loss calculations using HAP software;
- Assisting in sizing ductwork, piping and equipment selection;
- Working with project team internally and externally to ensure on-time project completion;
- Preparing reports and specifications using existing templates, as required;
- Balancing multiple projects of varied size and complexity with multiple deliverables;
- Attending site visits as required to service projects; and
- Performing other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, vocational or technical training in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 7 years of experience;
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing systems and fire protection systems;
- Familiarity with various types of mechanical equipment, ability to identify it on site and conduct visual assessment of its condition;
- Familiarity with the Ontario Building Code and the National Fire Code;
- Hands-on practical experience in the testing, repair and replacement of mechanical equipment is an asset;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Qualified candidates must be able to clearly and concisely converse with the project team, both internally and externally;
- Organization skills including maintenance of paper and electronic files;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- G class driver’s license and access to own vehicle on a daily basis; and
- Willing to travel upon short notice.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: “Mechanical Technologist/Designer” in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Limited
6240 Highway 7 Suite 200
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.