Mechanical Engineer/Technologist, Building HVAC/R
McIntosh Perry Limited is a multi-disciplinary engineering & related professional services firm and we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. Our team’s expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects. Our team puts their creative & innovative thinking and business skills into high gear while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated colleagues to meet our client’s needs. We value diversity in our areas of disciplines and our people, making McIntosh Perry a great place to work and grow.
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
Always put the cap on the toothpaste – Personal responsibility
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working, and dedicated team of professionals – and have fun while doing it – then the Mechanical Engineer/Technologist opportunity in our Vaughan Office could be the right opportunity for you and we would like to hear from you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of the Building Services Group, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Managing projects including oversight of the approved scope of work to ensure all activities are completed;
- Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications;
- Inspecting and reporting on in service mechanical and electrical equipment, including reviews for the purpose of completing property condition assessments and reserve fund studies;
- Preparing written technical reports;
- Preparing repair and replacement cost estimates;
- Balancing multiple projects of varied size and complexity with multiple deliverables;
- Attending meetings as required to service projects; and
- Maintaining client relationships.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, vocational or technical training in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 7 years of experience;
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing systems, fire detection, suppression and safety systems, electrical supply and distribution systems, and lighting systems;
- Familiarity with the Ontario Building Code, the National Fire Code, and the Ontario Electrical Code;
- Professional designation (P.Eng., OACETT Certification) is an asset;
- Hands-on practical experience in the testing, repair, and replacement of mechanical equipment is an asset;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Qualified candidates must be able to clearly and concisely converse with the project team, both internally and externally;
- Organization skills including maintenance of paper and electronic files;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- G class driver’s license and access to own vehicle on a daily basis; and
- Willing to travel upon short notice.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: “Mechanical Engineer/Technologist” in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Limited
6240 Highway 7 Suite 200
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.