Manager, Municipal Engineering
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, Public Infrastructure, you will lead an experienced team of professional engineers, and technologists in achieving objectives set and defined in McIntosh Perry’s strategic plan. While growth is the primary objective of this position, it must be coupled with moderate profit targets, high levels of service quality, compliance and delivery efficiency. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Providing leadership, strategic direction and mentoring to the Municipal Engineering Team in the GTA;
- Participating in the strategic development and pursuit of clients and projects and providing visible leadership with potential clients and existing clients;
- Overseeing and evaluating overall performance (technical, schedule, budget, client satisfaction and communication) on municipal projects;
- As the geographical manager for the Municipal Group in the GTA, developing teams in other office locations;
- Assisting with preparing and implementing business plans with the Vice-President;
- Ensuring proper project planning is in place for the scheduling, staffing and resourcing of teams in order to ensure the effective execution of projects;
- Providing high level guidance and oversight in the preparation of proposals, development of work plans, schedules, budgets, fees and negotiations;
- Monitoring progress on all projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Monitoring industry standards and developments, assessing client needs and making concrete decisions on proposed solutions;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders.
Well-suited candidates for the position already have a reputation for strong leadership, communications skills and natural business acumen. These abilities are complemented by a technical background that enables this individual to be immediately credible with customers, partners and staff. Additional qualifications include:
- A university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive related experience within a professional services environment;
- Demonstrated ability for, and interest in, business development;
- Experience in working with municipalities in the GTA is mandatory;
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated by the ability to coach, mentor and develop staff;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge in Municipal Engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in preliminary and detail design work with proven solid design capabilities;
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills including the ability to provide leadership to a variety of technical professionals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: MANAGER MUNICIPAL ENGINEERING in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.