Junior or Intermediate Geotechnical Technician
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
We have immediate openings for Geotechnical Technicians. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of our Geotechnical Division, under the direction of the Lab Manager, you will be responsible for assignments which include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting material field testing such as field compaction testing, wet concrete sampling, and concrete and asphalt coring, as part of QC or QA programs;
- Assisting in laboratory testing, primarily for soils and aggregate;
- Assisting laboratory manager in maintaining the laboratory in appropriate working condition;
- Participating in activities related to the quality system;
- Maintaining a safe working environment by complying with all safety codes, guidelines, and regulations and indicated by the McIntosh Perry Health and Safety Officer;
- Participating in all assigned Health and Safety training programs;
- Attending in technical training programs as required;
- Assisting the foundation engineering or pavement engineering teams in their field activities including but not limited to borehole layout, geotechnical drilling, cross-fall measurement, and traffic control;
- Maintaining strong and effective working relationship with McIntosh Perry’s clients and subcontractors; and
- Willingness to learn office and scheduling skills is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in a civil engineering related technical program. A high-school diploma can be also considered based on previous work experience, trade or training.
- Previous relevant experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Available to work flexible schedules and travel to site locations for extended periods of time within Ontario;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Junior or Intermediate Geotechnical Technician in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.