Intermediate CAD Designer
Are you a person who stares at building and marvels not at the exterior but rather you wonder what the structure looks like under all that steel, glass and brick? You’re also the person who actually understands words like “shear, bending, cross-sections and seismic loads”, right? Of course you are. You’ve been doing this for 5+ years now and you know you like it.
You’re experienced enough to know that liking what you do is important but liking who you work with and work for is equally important.
So, who are we? Well, McIntosh Perry Limited is a multi-disciplinary engineering & related professional services firm and we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality project, and exceptional service. Our team’s expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects. Our team puts their creative & innovative thinking and business skills into high gear while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated colleagues to meet our client’s needs. We value diversity in our areas of disciplines and our people, making McIntosh Perry a great place to work and grow.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
Always put the cap on the toothpaste – Personal responsibility
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of our Structural team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Design and drafting of engineering drawings for various projects at different phases with Revit, AutoCAD, and PDF editor software;
- Assist engineers with developing plans, sections, and details;
- Support developing and interpreting standards details; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a college and/or university degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, particularly Word and Excel);
- Over 5 years’ experience working within a consulting environment;
- 5 to 10 years’ experience with AutoCAD;
- At least 3 years’ experience with Revit;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and review of work;
- Strong collaboration, analytical, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to think independently and creatively to identify any issues and raise concerns to engineers; and
- Driven, proactive, passionate, and eager to be challenged.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: “Intermediate CAD Designer” in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Limited
6240 Highway 7 Suite 200
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.