Intermediate Transportation Engineers (Planning/ Traffic), Transportation
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
We are currently seeking Intermediate Transportation Planners/ Engineers to join our Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Team, located at our Markham and Oakville offices. Reporting to the Division Manager, Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering, the successful candidate will work on numerous projects for respected municipal clients and development related work. This position is responsible for working on a wide range of transportation planning, traffic engineering and multi-disciplinary assignments for both private and public sector clients including traffic operation studies, transportation master plans, environmental assessments (EA), active transportation, parking studies, transportation demand management (TDM), and microsimulation and design assessments.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Undertakes and manages transportation planning and traffic engineering studies including multi-modal studies, transportation master plans, environmental assessments (transportation) studies, traffic impact studies, TDM, active transportation, and parking studies;
- Prepares and coordinates traffic management plans for roadway construction projects;
- Leads transportation impact and parking assessments, as well as site plan reviews;
- Actively participates in the preparation of proposals and writing reports;
- Attends and participates at client and public meetings;
- Coordinates stakeholder consultation activities on transportation projects;
- Conducts field studies (site visits, inventories, traffic, and parking counts);
- Assists with staff development and works in a team environment;
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and communication with clients, department managers, internal and external leads;
- Works in a team environment and mentors other department staff;
- Proactively leads business development efforts by identifying, capturing and qualifying opportunities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Transportation Engineering or Planning
- Eligible for P. Eng. License from the Professional Engineers of Ontario or Registered Professional Planner from Ontario Professional Planning Institute
- 3 – 10 years of relevant experience in transportation planning and/or traffic engineering services in the consulting or public sectors
- Project coordination and management experience
- Demonstrated interest in business development activities and preparation of proposals
- Proven ability to supervise, direct and mentor junior staff
- Good communication and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
- Experience using Auto Cad and Auto Turn software
- Proficient using Synchro/Simtraffic
- Experience using other transportation software and methods (e.g. HCS, CCG, VISSIM, EMME, Aimsun, Vistro)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: INTERMEDIATE TRANSPORATION ENGINEER (PLANNING/TRAFFIC) in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.