Intermediate Transportation Engineer
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking an Intermediate Transportation Engineer to work in our Kingston office. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our project teams. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting intermediate and senior staff with engineering design on a variety of projects;
- Providing leadership and mentoring for engineering interns and technologists and providing guidance and mentoring to more junior staff;
- Preparing technical designs, specifications and reports for a variety of transportation projects;
- Liaising with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Participating in the preparation of engineering services proposals;
- Monitoring industry standards and developments, assessing client needs and making concrete decisions on proposed solutions; and
- Providing mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and technical staff.
- Completion of a university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- 7+ years of progressive related experience within a professional services environment;
- Project management experience;
- Demonstrated ability for, and interest in, business development;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge in Transportation Engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in preliminary and detail design work with proven solid design capabilities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Intermediate Transportation Engineer (Kingston) in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.