Intermediate/Senior Transportation Structure Engineer
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
McIntosh Perry has rapidly become one of the leading design firms for transportation structure design, rehabilitation, and replacement. We draw on the award-winning expertise of our structural engineers and field staff to design inventive bridge solutions, ensuring client communication and understanding while delivering the project on time and on budget. The depth and dedication of our professional staff enables McIntosh Perry to offer our clients bridge services from concept to beyond construction. We have clients ranging from public authorities, to municipalities and government agencies. Our bridge engineering projects carry a reputation of quality and cost-effectiveness.
MP is a growing firm with many opportunities for career progression. We are one of the top consulting engineering service providers to MTO. MP believes in innovation, embracing new technology, building lasting relationships with our clients, creating a work environment that help employees to thrive and achieve their career goals, and making a different in our communities and beyond.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with highly regarded innovative leaders within structural bridge engineering, be a part of a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. As a member of our Transportation Structures Division, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complete detailed structural design calculations and analysis;
- Perform technical reviews of work prepared by colleagues for quality assurance purposes;
- Develop and review engineering of new bridges and bridge rehabilitation design;
- Assist in the preparation of proposal submissions (as required);
- Provide assistance in the support and development of junior bridge group staff;
- Provide engineering expertise and services related to the design, rehabilitation, evaluation, inspection of bridges, culverts, and other transportation structures;
- Able to carry out the Structural Engineer Specialist role on MTO projects;
- Mentor and manage junior staff; and
- Prepare and review cost estimates, specifications, tender documents, and reports prepared by junior engineers.
- A university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- Minimum 8 years of progressive related experience in bridge infrastructure design;
- Proficient user of structural analysis software;
- Sound understanding of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CSA-S6) and Ministry of Transportation Ontario standards;
- Familiarity with industry conventions, particularly with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- Related experience with P3 projects, an asset;
- Experience with bridge design, bridge load ratings, seismic design and evaluation, bridge safety inspections, and preparation of technical and inspection reports;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Highly motivated ad enthusiastic; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: INTERMEDIATE OR SENIOR TRANSPORTATION STRUCTURE ENGINEER in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.