McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
McIntosh Perry is currently seeking candidates for the position of Intermediate Biologist in our Oakville office. Our ideal candidate is driven, able to thrive in a high-paced environment, seeking professional growth within a positive team environment, committed to preparing excellent technical reports and providing amazing client experiences throughout the project lifecycle. We offer a work environment whereby you can get your boots muddy, work with incredible private and public clients, deliver the highest quality technical reports, and provide solutions to complex environmental challenges. We look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement biological field investigations including breeding bird surveys, botanical inventories, Ecological Land Classification, wildlife surveys (reptiles, amphibians, mammals, etc.), targeted species at risk surveys, fisheries assessments and wetland delineation following established protocols;
- Contribute to the preparation and review of high quality scientific and technical reports;
- Lead field studies, data recording, entry and management, analysis, and reporting;
- Actively grow the environmental business lines by writing winning proposals, developing new client relationships and delivering excellent service to existing clients;
- Perform background research of available resources for potential environmental constraints and opportunities;
- Perform a variety of field and office tasks requiring the application of standard scientific principles and fundamental theories;
- Providing environmental site inspections as required for proposed and active construction sites;
- Conducting background information searches including literature reviews, database review and agency consultation to obtain environmental data;
- Assisting with preparation and planning of project field studies;
- Assisting with the acquisition of environmental permitting/approvals and development of mitigation and protection measures in accordance with environmental legislation and policy;
- Management and coordination of programs, projects and technical studies for the natural heritage component of a variety of projects;
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary projects;
- Preparation, review and presentation of reports and proposals;
- Provide mentoring to facilitate the career development of more junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring; and
- The ability to endure physical exertion for long periods of standing, walking over rough/uneven/ rocky terrain, work during inclement weather and with biting insects.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Studies, Geography (or related field);
- Demonstrated experience delivering environmental services, with consulting work experience or employment at an agency (i.e. Conservation Authority, MTO, etc.) an asset;
- Proven experience delivering project management, coordinating team members and ensuring top quality projects are delivered on schedule and budget;
- Strong knowledge of the structure and application of Ontario and Federal environmental regulatory and approvals regime including species at risk and fisheries;
- Direct experience and success working within the regulatory environment in Ontario;
- Applied experience in biology, ecology, botany and natural sciences including identification skills for fish/birds/herpetofauna/vascular plants, wildlife identification skills and ability to delineate habitat types;
- Ability to conduct nest inventories and Breeding bird surveys is an asset;
- The following certifications are considered assets to the positions:
– OMNRF certification in Ecological Land Classification for Southern Ontario
– OMNRF certification in the Ontario Wetland Evaluation System
– Electrofishing Certification
– ISA certified arborist
– RAQS registration for an Environmental Category such as Natural Sciences, Environmental Assessment, Fisheries Assessment, Environmental Inspection During Construction
– Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Previous experience conducting biophysical baseline and/or monitoring projects that comply with Environmental Assessment requirements of the MTO Class EA process;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.;
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of terrestrial/aquatic environments, vegetation, and wildlife of Ontario and legislation including the Invasive Species Act, Provincial Policy Statement, Endangered Species Act, Species at Risk Act, Migratory Birds Convention Act, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, Fisheries Act, Environmental Assessment Act.
- Demonstrated experience providing environmental services to MTO in support of preliminary design, detail design, design build and contract administration assignments;
- Demonstrated experience providing mentoring and coaching to junior staff members;
- Experience in the collection, analysis, and reporting of field data following established protocols;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Demonstrated experience with environmental inspection during construction; and
- Exceptional organizational skills to plan and execute work efficiently to simultaneously deliver many project deliverables and maintain client relations.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Intermediate Biologist (Oakville) in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.