Information Technology (IT) Lead
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The IT Lead is an integral part of our operations team. Under the direction of the company’s IT Business Partner, you will be responsible to manage the advancement and execution of McIntosh Perry’s corporate IT strategy in collaboration with both internal resources and various external technology providers. Your focus will be on ensuring the effective and efficient overall operation of McIntosh Perry’s technology infrastructure, as well as compliance with legislation and corporate policies and procedures. This position may be based out of any of our Ottawa or GTA locations.
Our ideal candidate is accountable, takes initiative and has outstanding prioritization, issues management and interpersonal skills.
As a member of our IT team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating IT projects with our Managed Services Provider (MSP) including: upgrades, system updates, migrations and outages;
- Managing the procurement, distribution and use of technology licenses, software and equipment;
- Participating in the management of Vendor relationships to ensure the outlined goals and expected performance is reached;
- Overseeing technology Quality Management (e.g. policy compliance, backup and disaster recovery protocols);
- Summarizing and sharing regular technology performance reports with the IT Business Partner and providing insights that can lead to improvements;
- Contributing to and reporting on the IT budget allocation;
- Contributing to and promoting IT policies and best practices;
- Coaching and influencing staff on how to extract the most value out of the existing IT Services;
- Developing and providing orientation and on-going education to staff on IT topics, processes and procedures;
- Identifying opportunities for staff training on IT systems; and
- Performing other tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 5 years IT experience, preferably with application, desktop operating systems and end-user support;
- At least 1 year experience in a team lead role where you have had direct responsibility for project deliverables and timelines;
- Knowledge and experience with ITSM (ITIL certification is an asset);
- Completion of an education program in Information Technology from a university or college;
- Demonstrated Microsoft knowledge and experience (certification is an asset);
- Strong knowledge of Office 365;
- Demonstrated progressive work experience in the information technology field;
- Past experience successfully working with employees at all levels of an organization;
- Excellent overall communication, persuasion, presentation, and consensus building skills;
- Excellent written communication skills with a critical eye to accuracy;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; highly motivated self-starter; detail-oriented with an ability to think through problems creatively;
- Network experience is an asset (WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security);
- Possess a valid minimum class G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle that has valid registration and insurance; and
- Ability to make regular day trips (and occasional overnight trips) within Canada.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) LEAD in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.