McIntosh Perry Limited is a multi-disciplinary engineering & related professional services firm and we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. Our team’s expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects. Our team puts their creative & innovative thinking and business skills into high gear while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated colleagues to meet our client’s needs. We value diversity in our areas of disciplines and our people, making McIntosh Perry a great place to work and grow.
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
Always put the cap on the toothpaste – Personal responsibility
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking at enhancing our Hazardous Materials/EH&S team by adding a Hazardous Technologist in our Woodbridge office.
- Have you performed hazardous materials assessments and prepared assessment reports?
- How strong is your knowledge of Provincial Asbestos & Designated Substances Regulations?
- Have you conducted mold, water damage, hygiene & air quality assessments?
- Have you conducted on-site inspection during the removal of hazardous and demolition?
- Have you collected air samples and PCM analysis?
- Have you collected environmental samples such as mold and lead (air, bulk, swab, wipe, etc.) and have experience with direct reading instruments?
- Can you prepare reports and drawings detailing assessment findings and recommendations?
- Have you assisted in maintaining and enhancing quality control within the department?
- Do you have a post-secondary education in Environmental Technology/Occupational Health & Safety/Construction technology or Bachelor of Science in Engineering?
- Do you have 1-2 or more years of related work experience within an environmental consulting firm?
- Do you have IICRC training in Mold & Water Damage?
- Do you have experience with building science, building construction and/or mechanical systems?
- Are you a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or P. Eng.?
- Are you proficient with Auto CAD design, MS Office Suite?
- Do you have strong written and oral communication skills as well as time management and organizational skills?
- Are you able to travel within GTA and Canada and possess a valid driver’s license, own vehicle and insurance?
- Can you speak & write in French as this would be an asset?
- Are you able to wear PPE (i.e. fit tested respirator, harness, hard hat)?
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: “Hazardous Technologist” in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Limited
6240 Highway 7 Suite 200
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.