Field Survey Crew Chief
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Field Survey Crew Chief, you will be working with multidisciplinary teams on various types of projects and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising a survey crew and completing field surveys for legal, construction and engineering projects;
- Communicating with OLSs and supervisors to oversee project timing, budget, scope and survey methodology;
- Keeping and maintaining complete field notes and correctly formatted data files; and
- Operating and maintaining all types of survey equipment including GPS and total station.
- Completion of college diploma as a survey technician or civil engineering technology is considered an asset;
- 5 years’ experience as legal survey crew chief (position is primarily for completing legal surveys, knowledge of Engineering Surveys and Construction layout an asset);
- Additional supervisory experience an asset;
- Sound knowledge of general field survey methodologies and practices;
- Ability to make sound, knowledge-based field decisions;
- Knowledge of basic math, basic adjustment/network principles and concepts;
- Able to work in a rugged environment in all types of weather;
- Physical capability to carry survey equipment and other materials over long distances is required;
- Chainsaw safety course is considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsurvey, TBO and Microsoft Office programs is considered an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Detail-oriented with an ability to think through problems creatively;
- Ability to work effectively as a both a leader and part of a team;
- Out of town travel within Ontario may be required;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance; and
- General knowledge of applicable Professional legislation.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Field Survey Crew Chief in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.