Field Survey Assistant
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Field Survey Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the Party Chief in completing the fieldwork on various types of survey projects. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Complete daily vehicle inspection sheets before heading to the jobsite;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- Ensure all equipment required for the days work is in good working order and is loaded into the vehicle before leaving for the day;
- Assist the Party Chief with data preparation, in-field calculations, and data downloads;
- Operating and maintaining all types of survey equipment including GPS, total station and level; and
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety policies and regulations.
- Completion of college diploma as a survey technician or civil engineering technology is considered an asset;
- Strong mathematical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Able to work in a rugged environment in all types of weather;
- Physical capability to carry survey equipment and other materials over long distances is required;
- Chainsaw safety course is considered an asset;
- Experience with land surveying and survey equipment is an asset;
- Must be willing to travel out of town within Ontario;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: FIELD SURVEY ASSISTANT in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.