McIntosh Perry is a multi-disciplinary engineering & related professional services firm and we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality project, and exceptional service. Our team’s expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects. Our team puts their creative & innovative thinking and business skills into high gear while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated colleagues to meet our client’s needs. We value diversity in our areas of disciplines and our people, making McIntosh Perry a great place to work and grow.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core – Be a leader
Make Momma proud – Do the right thing
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon – Making a difference
Pass. Shoot. Score. – Becoming excellent together
Always put the cap on the toothpaste – Personal responsibility
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes – Treat others as they would like to be treated
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Environmental Division, you will be an integral part of our team responsible for providing geoscience, geo-engineering, and hydrogeology support to our Oakville based office. Well-suited candidates for the position already have a reputation of being ‘team players’ who are self-motivated and eager to be challenged. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting senior and intermediate staff with field work, drafting, design and reporting on a variety of projects (i.e. water supply evaluations, construction dewatering evaluations, permit to take water applications, phased environmental site assessments, contaminated site investigations, delineation and remediation);
- Preparation of technical specifications and reports;
- Preparation of approval packages for Permits to Take Water and Certificates of Approval;
- Providing contract administration and site inspections; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a college or university degree in Science or Engineering;
- Experience in hydrogeological studies, environmental site assessment and remediation projects;
- Design skills with good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Projects, Access, Outlook), AutoCAD and other standard software for reporting, drawing, data analysis and communications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (French would be considered an asset);
- Good attention to detail, problem solving skills, ability to think creatively and research independently;
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently in the field;
- Both field and reporting experience in the areas of environmental site assessments, site remediation, and hydrogeological studies, including soil and groundwater sampling and slug tests;
- Familiarity with O. Reg. 153/04 (Brownfields and amendments) requirements, O. Reg. 63/16 (Ontario Water Resource Act), O. Reg. 387/04 (Water Taking and Transfer Regulation) and environmental regulations in Ontario is essential;
- Familiarity with groundwater modeling and assessment programs (i.e. MODFLOW, Aquifer Test, borehole logging software) would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of soil and ground water remediation techniques;
- Experience in designated substance surveys and/or geotechnical engineering would be assets;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance; and
- Ability to travel as required.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: “Environmental Scientist” in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Limited
6240 Highway 7 Suite 200
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.