McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking an Environmental Scientist/Planner graduate to work within the Environmental Division to work in our office located in Ottawa. We will also consider candidates who wish to work in our offices located in Kingston or the GTA. Reporting to the Manager of Environmental Division, the successful candidate will be a motivated team player. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Environmental Planners with Environmental Assessment (EA) process from start to finish for both MTO and Municipal EA’s;
- Assist with projects in the field of Environmental Science, Biology (natural science and/or fisheries), and/or Planning;
- Preparing technical documents, design and specifications for a variety of environmental projects such as, environmental assessments, surface water contamination, natural sciences, environmental approvals, erosion and sediment control plans/reports, etc.;
- Coordination stakeholder consultation activities including the preparation of consultation plans and meetings;
- Field duties, including but not limited to assisting with terrestrial and fisheries assessments (including fish removal), active construction site inspections, soil, groundwater and surface water sampling, erosion and sediment control inspections etc.;
- Interpreting and implementing standards from regulatory bodies;
- Assisting with the acquisition of environmental permitting/approvals and development of mitigation and protection measures in accordance with environmental legislation and policy;
- Perform background research of available resources for potential environmental constraints and opportunities; and
- Actively participating in the preparation of science and engineering service proposals.
Other duties will include:
- Producing written reports;
- Producing design spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel;
- Enhancing data charts and tables for presentations;
- Preparing tender documents, quantities and costs estimates;
- Providing site inspections for design projects; and
- Providing support to intermediate and senior staff on drafting and design.
- University or College degree in Environmental discipline with planning coursework an asset;
- Understanding of EA processes and other environmental legislation;
- Experience in public and private consulting is an asset;
- Well-developed computer and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of or experience in the field on construction projects would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Ability to work with engineers or scientists or biologists on multidisciplinary projects;
- Electrofishing license and field experience would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD would be an asset;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance;
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario for work assignments; and
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Environmental Planner in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.