Engineering Intern, Transportation Structures (2 positions)
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
McIntosh Perry has rapidly become one of the leading design firms for transportation structure design, rehabilitation, and replacement. We draw on the award-winning expertise of our structural engineers and field staff to design inventive bridge solutions, ensuring client communication and understanding while delivering the project on time and on budget. The depth and dedication of our professional staff enables McIntosh Perry to offer our clients bridge services from concept to beyond construction. We have clients ranging from public authorities, to municipalities and government agencies. Our bridge engineering projects carry a reputation of quality and cost-effectiveness.
MP is a growing firm with many opportunities for career progression. We are one of the top consulting engineering service providers to MTO. MP believes in innovation, embracing new technology, building lasting relationships with our clients, creating a work environment that help employees to thrive and achieve their career goals, and making a different in our communities and beyond.
As a member of our Transportation Structures Division, this position involves field inspections, performing highly technical structural design drafting, including mathematical and geometric computations, and related services in the preparation of contract drawings, contract documents, and specifications for the design and rehabilitation of bridges and structural culverts.
We are seeking an EIT to work at our Markham office Transportation Structures Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our project teams.
As a member of our “GROUP NAME” team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting intermediate and senior staff with engineering design on a variety of projects;
- Assisting in bridge and culvert inspections in accordance with applicable inspection standards;
- Completing detailed engineering drawings in AutoCAD;
- Developing quantity estimates, working day schedules, and cost estimates;
- Assisting in the preparation of tender document specifications;
- Providing input into preparation of engineering service proposals; and
- Preparation of technical memos and reports for a variety of bridge and transportation projects.
- Completion of a university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Up to 4 years of design experience on transportation engineering projects (would be considered an asset);
- Pursuing or holds licensing as a Professional Engineer in Ontario;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Proficient with AutoCAD (would be considered an asset);
- Experience in writing tender specifications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and time management;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle that has valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: ENGINEERING INTERN, TRANSPORTATION STRUCTURES in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.