Engineering Intern, Transportation Structures
McIntosh Perry has rapidly become one of the leading design firms for transportation structure design, rehabilitation, and replacement. We draw on the award-winning expertise of our structural engineers and field staff to design inventive bridge solutions, ensuring client communication and understanding while delivering the project on time and on budget. The depth and dedication of our professional staff enables McIntosh Perry to offer our clients bridge services from concept to beyond construction. We have clients ranging from public authorities, to municipalities and government agencies. Our bridge engineering projects carry a reputation of quality and cost-effectiveness.
MP is a growing firm with many opportunities for career progression. We are one of the top consulting engineering service providers to MTO. MP believes in innovation, embracing new technologist, building lasting relationships with our clients, creating a work environment that helps employees to thrive and achieve their career goals, and making a difference in our communities and beyond.
As a member of our Transportation Structures Division, this position involves field inspections, performing highly technical structural design drafting, including mathematical and geometric computations, and related services in the preparation of contract drawing, contract documents, and specifications for the design and rehabilitation of bridges and structural culverts.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking an EIT to work at our Kingston office in the Transportation Structures Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our project teams. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting intermediate and senior staff with engineering design on a variety of projects;
- Assisting in bridge and culvert inspections in accordance with applicable inspection standards;
- Completing detailed engineering drawings in AutoCAD;
- Developing quantity estimates, working day schedules, and cost estimates;
- Assisting in the preparation of tender document specifications;
- Providing input into preparation of engineering service proposals; and
- Preparation of technical memos and reports for a variety of bridge and transportation projects.
- Completion of a university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Design experience on transportation engineering projects (would be considered an asset);
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Proficient with AutoCAD (would be considered an asset);
- Experience in writing tender specifications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and time management;
- Ability to work effective as part of a time; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle that has valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Intermediate Municipal Engineer in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.