Drafting Survey Technician
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a Drafting Survey Technician to work in our Oakville office as part of our Survey team. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Performing survey calculations from both GPS and conventional survey methods;
- Generating boundary surveys, surveyor’s real property reports, topographic surveys, reference plans, strata reference plans, subdivision plans, condominium plans, subdivision design;
- Ensuring that the quality and accuracy of all plans for which you have responsibility for, meet the McIntosh Perry corporate standards before they are delivered for checking;
- Interpreting standards from regulatory bodies; and
- Opportunity for the growth and progression to take on a more supervisory role of the field staff.
- Our successful candidate will be a graduate with a college diploma as a Survey Technician, Architecture Technician, Civil Engineering Technician or any other relevant technical training;
- An understanding of the basic principles of surveying and survey plan requirements;
- Must have a strong attention to detail;
- Preference will be given to applicants with relevant job experience, but on-the-job training will be provided;
- Working knowledge of MSCAD, Trimble Business Centre, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office programs is considered an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Detail-oriented with an ability to think through problems creatively;
- The ability to perform survey calculations would be an asset;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: Drafting Survey Technician in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.