Civil Engineering Technologist
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an integral part of our Land Development team, you will work alongside other team members and report regularly to the local Land Development Group. You will be responsible to provide design and drafting of land development projects such as creating plan and profiles of roads, sewers and water mains, storm water management design, lot grading and drainage, calculating of cut and fill quantities, preparing quantity estimates, SWM pond detail sheets, etc. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Designing and drafting of engineering/construction drawings for various land development projects;
- Interpreting and implementing standards from regulatory bodies;
- Producing written reports for development projects;
- Producing design spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel;
- Creating plans, profiles and 3-D drawings in civil 3D format;
- Enhancing data charts and tables for presentation;
- Producing and modifying drawings;
- Maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Providing site supervision on construction projects;
- Providing support for junior staff on CAD/civil 3D and design; and
- Keeping up to date on the latest design tools and aids in CAD/civil 3D in consultation with senior CAD staff.
- Completion of a college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Experience in consulting in land development and/or municipal design and construction would be an asset;
- Practical experience working in CADD would be as asset;
- Well-developed computer and analytical skills;
- Proficiency working with CADD packages such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
- Knowledge of or experience in the field on construction projects would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Ability to work with engineers on multidisciplinary development projects; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.