Articling Student -Ontario Land Surveyor
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
Every McIntosh has a core –
Make Momma proud –
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon –
Pass. Shoot. Score. –
Always put the cap on the toothpaste –
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes –
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MPSI is seeking two articling students to develop prospects in our GTA, Ottawa/Perth offices.
As a member of our McIntosh Perry Survey Inc. (MPSI) team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise field crews and CAD technicians;
- Provide survey calculations and prepare plans;
- Track job costs and prepare invoices;
- Prepare and check legal and topographic surveys, engineering and construction layouts;
- Work and communicate effectively with clients;
- Work closely with the O.L.S and provide daily job status reports; and
- Prepare proposals, undertake project research and plan review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Survey Science or Geomatics Engineering considered an asset;
- In process of obtaining O.L.S designation;
- Experienced with CAD software and adjustment software (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Starnet, TBC);
- Experienced with Trimble software and equipment is an asset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong knowledge of Global Positioning Systems and Field equipment;
- Ability to learn new field and office surveying technologies;
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Eager to learn and develop professionally;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel to sites within the GTA & MPSI offices in southern and eastern Ontario and work overtime; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, pdf or rtf form referencing: MPSI Articling Student in the subject line to:
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Road
R.R. #3 Carp, ON
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.